To meet someone or to meet with someone

images to meet someone or to meet with someone

For example when I would like to ask someone if he is happy to meet with me and my friend for the first time, how should I ask? I tried to google this and use the search, but I couldn't find an answer. Bonjour et bienvenue, UKwriter. I am finding both but I don't know if the meanings are different, if it is a matter of AE versus English or anything else I cannot figure out. Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead? OLNDec 31,

• meet somebody / meet with somebody WordReference Forums
  • Meet someone in Spanish English to Spanish Translation SpanishDict
  • Difference Between Meet and Meet With Difference Between
  • meaning 'Meeting us' or 'meeting with us' English Language & Usage Stack Exchange
  • Meet and meet with Ask The Editor Learner's Dictionary

• Video: To meet someone or to meet with someone How to Meet New People - 10 Tips to Meeting Friends in your Area

I am pretty confused between "to meet somebody" and "to meet with somebody". I am finding both but I don't know if the meanings are different.

meet somebody / meet with somebody WordReference Forums

Meet means both to encounter someone or something for the first time and to come together in order to talk. Meet with only means the latter when referring to. meet with somebody/something meaning, definition, what is meet with somebody /something: to have a meeting with someone: Learn more.
    Bonjour et bienvenue, UKwriter. I met nice people at the party. In British English, the word 'meet' in this phrase is entirely superfluous, just as 'for' is not needed in the phrase 'seek for' the British would just say 'seek'.

Can you meet with us later today? LonglordApr 28, It is most commonly used as a verb, though, usually to refer to the circumstance of filling a need or want, or to satisfy a condition or restriction. As a noun it is used to refer to a meeting wherein athletes compete.

Over 45 dating website
    It usually connotes a meeting that may take a longer time than just a chance meeting or a casual meeting.

Meet someone in Spanish English to Spanish Translation SpanishDict

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I disagree with Pyan. To join, as for conference or instruction: XY next Wednesday and can discuss the issue with him then. When one meets with someone, it is for the purpose of doing a task together and may be for a long period of time.

Typically, if you "meet with someone," you already know the person, and you are setting up an arranged time to talk.

Difference Between Meet and Meet With Difference Between

To "meet someone" usually. meet up (with someone) definition: to see and talk to someone after making an arrangement to do so. Learn more. To meet someone could mean a lot of things.

meaning 'Meeting us' or 'meeting with us' English Language & Usage Stack Exchange

It could mean that one is going to have a meeting or will work together with someone.
    I tried to google this and use the search, but I couldn't find an answer.

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Meet with only means the latter when referring to people. I am finding both but I don't know if the meanings are different, if it is a matter of AE versus English or anything else I cannot figure out.

LonglordApr 28, For example when I would like to ask someone if he is happy to meet with me and my friend for the first time, how should I ask?

The man kiss the girl
    Thanks for your help.

Meet and meet with Ask The Editor Learner's Dictionary

Tristan 2, 10 7. As an adjective it is used to refer to something that is right or that fits a certain criteria. To meet someone could mean a lot of things. He met his wife at work.

Video: To meet someone or to meet with someone Improve Your Vocabulary: KNOW, MEET, MEET WITH, or MEET UP?

Pleased to meet you. Here are clear examples of meet used alone:

1 comments on this post

Voodoocage

To join, as for conference or instruction: