Android chat bubbles

images android chat bubbles

Sign up using Email and Password. Use 9 patch images as background for your layout which allows you to create bitmap images that automatically resize to accommodate the contents of the view. May be somebody faced a similar issue TTransmit 1, 1 13 When the current message is from left bubble it works fine as it is draw first as 0. The ones for below 23 in drawable and the ones with vectors in drawable-v Here are some more modern alternatives. This is exactly what you need.

• android Alternate chat bubble widths Stack Overflow
  • nine patch android resize chat bubbles width to wrapped text Stack Overflow
  • java Android drawable speech bubble Stack Overflow

• This tutorial teaches you how to build a quality Android chat and messaging UI Colorful chat bubbles filled with text, images, even playable. Designing the UI elements such as chat bubbles and text inputs.

We are using Android Studio, but this tutorial will work with any IDE of. If you are creating a chat screen you are probably going to want to implement an incoming speech bubble and an outgoing speech bubble.

android Alternate chat bubble widths Stack Overflow

Here is how I did that.
    Investigation of ViewHierarchy shows that these gaps are inside the TextView, view hierarchy of chat layout. You can set the area you would like content to be using the 9 patch method. When the current message is from left bubble it works fine as it is draw first as 0. The view that this drawable is used in needs a height of at least dp and a similar minimum width to show properly.

TTransmit 1, 1 13 Uniform text wrapping in TextView.

WHEN A GIRL CALLS YOU BUTTERCUP
    Here is how I did that: By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of serviceprivacy policy and cookie policyand that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

I've written a blog post about android chat bubblesyou can find the open-source code there too.

nine patch android resize chat bubbles width to wrapped text Stack Overflow

Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled. Here are some more modern alternatives. But when the right bubble is the current message, the left bubble got drawn first and have a fixed width of 0.

In this article, we will discuss how to make a working Android Chat bubble layout using ListView.

The idea is to have a custom Listview and corresponding Textview I guess. Please refer the below link Designing Android Chat Bubble (Chat UI) Viral Android.

Creating Simple Android Chat Bubble or Chat UI Layout ; Author: JoCodes; Updated: 17 Apr ; Section: Android; Chapter: Mobile.
    I understand why this is happening - I am assigning weight of 0. Here's a link to another project that attempted to solve a similar problem; maybe it will help give you ideas.

Video: Android chat bubbles How To Disable Chat Heads (Messenger Bubble)

Here is how I did that:. So there is two issues you need to solve: How to draw a "speech bubble" on an iPhone? Sign up using Facebook.

DATE HOT SINGLES EYE SHADOW
    By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of serviceprivacy policy and cookie policyand that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

All I want is to get the bubbles according to the text width and aligned either left or right.

java Android drawable speech bubble Stack Overflow

For reset TextView width add to your adapter getView method, when you reuse your holder, next: I think this is because the last word for the particular line cannot be fit in the space left on right, so it goes down.

Join Stack Overflow to learn, share knowledge, and build your career. Sign up or log in Sign up using Google.

4 comments on this post

Faur

Have a look at an app called Bnter on the market, it uses speech bubbles to display conversations similar to what you are looking for. This version looks like this: